If this report is to be taken seriously, and I see no reason to doubt it, the game in Syria has now been taken to the next level. Russia has already made statements indicating that they are “thinking about,” deploying the S-300 missile batteries to Syria. The reason being such a deployment would be part of the “consequences,” Vlad the Impaler mentioned after our false flag cruise missile attack. The fact the chemical weapon attack never took place didn’t matter to our newly gone to the dark side POTUS Trump. At any rate, such an upgrade to the Syrian air defense system was to be expected, sooner or later. Apparently, it is in the sooner category.
The link is here.
The Arabic website of RT news channel quoted media activists as saying on Saturday that a number of Russian military ships have unloaded a secret cargo at Tartus port near Humeimim airbase in Lattakia province.
They added that the cargos were unloaded under strict security measures and under cloud camouflage in a bid to escape aerial and satellite surrveilance and spying of enemy states.
The sources said that the cargos included S-300 missile systems.
No official or independent source has yet commented on the report.
Following the US-led bombardment of Syria last week over an alleged chemical attack by Damascus, Moscow said it had no reason to not supply its S-300 missile system to Syria.
“We took into consideration their argument that this would destabilize the situation, despite the missile systems being a purely defensive system,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview to RIA Novosti on Saturday.
Moscow agreed with its international partners about 10 years ago to not deliver the S-300 to Damascus.
But given the latest spiraling of the crisis – in particular the use of the alleged Douma chemical attack as pre-text for striking Syria – things may take a U-turn. While around a decade ago, Moscow “heeded” the calls of its partners and put the deliveries on hold, the Russian Foreign Minister said it now has “no such moral obligation”.
In the wake of the US-led operation on Syria, Russia stressed that it may consider sending supplies of S-300 missile systems to Damascus. Moscow believes it is “possible to return to mulling over the issue, and not only with regard to Syria but also to other states as well,” Russian General Staff Spokesman General Sergey Rudskoy stated.
The Russian Defense Ministry has confirmed that to repel the US-led attack, Syria deployed Soviet-made surface-to-air missile systems, including S-125 (NATO reporting name: SA-3 Goa), S-200 (SA-5 Gammon), 2K12 Kub (SA-6 Gainful) and Buk.
Syria intercepted 71 out of over 103 cruise missiles and air-surface missiles launched at civilian and military targets, the MoD said, adding that Russian air defense units stationed in Syria were not involved in repelling the attack.
S-300 surface-to-air missile systems (NATO reporting name: SA-10 Grumble) were developed in the Soviet Union to target aircraft and cruise missiles. Since 2007, Russia has been replacing older S-300 batteries with the more sophisticated S-400s.
Next, we see Erdogan’s “ethnic cleansing,” of the Kurds in Northern Syria is well underway. Erdogan is now resettling terrorists from Damascus into the Afrin areas. He is kicking out the Kurds to give their houses to terrorists recently fighting Assad Junior’s military forces.
The link is here.
Evacuated Syrian rebels relocated to Afrin
By Rudaw 23 hours ago
Rebels in Dumayr, northeast of Damascus, began pulling out on Thursday after reaching a deal with Damascus. Syria’s state-run media reported that regime forces entered the town on Thursday and fighters from Jaish al-Islam along with their families were being transported by bus to Jarabulus, which is under control of Turkish-backed rebels.
About 1,500 fighters and 3,500 family members were being evacuated after turning over their heavy weapons, according to SANA.
AFP photographed 31 buses carrying some 1,600 evacuees from Dumayr arriving in Azaz, north of Aleppo on Friday. Most of the buses then continued on to Afrin.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that the evacuees had “chosen Afrin as their destination.”
Turkish-backed Syrian rebel police and special forces in Azaz direct buses carrying evacuees from Dumayr. Most of the convoy of 31 buses then headed to Afrin. Photo: Sameer al-Doumy/AFP
This is not the first group of rebel evacuees to be transported to Afrin. The Observatory has documented Turkish efforts to resettle rebel commanders and more than 150 families from Eastern Ghouta. They were being housed in homes left empty by civilians who fled Turkey’s military operation against the Kurdish YPG/YPJ.
The UK-based conflict monitor said earlier this week that the move was opposed by both displaced civilians from Afrin and the rebel groups being brought in.
Rebels from Eastern Ghouta resented being relocated to Afrin, saying the decision was “imposed by the Turkish authorities on the displaced people of Ghouta, through carrying out an organized demographic change,” according to the Observatory.
Afrin civilians are angry that they are being prevented from returning home.
Kurdish leaders from Rojava, the self-autonomous region of northern Syria that includes Afrin, have accused Turkey of wanting to carry out demographic change in Afrin by forcing the Kurdish population out.
Ankara has denied the charge and has framed its operation as counter-terrorism, taking the position that the Kurdish forces and political leaders in Rojava are branches of the PKK, a named terror organization.
An estimated 137,070 people are still displaced from Afrin a month after Turkey and allied Syrian militias took control of the Kurdish canton, ending its two-month military campaign.
Most are sheltering in the Tal Rifaat area, but are not safe. The area was shelled on Friday, the Observatory reported.
Explosions were heard in the area that is controlled by the YPG. There was no immediate information of casualties.
In addition to the insecurity, the families are facing increased health risks.
“Acute diarrhea, upper respiratory infections, and lice are the most reported communicable diseases among IDPs from Afrin,” the World Health Organisation (WHO) reported this week.
People displaced from Afrin sort through donated clothing in Tal Rifaat. File photo: George Ourfalian/AFP
Many of the displaced (IDPs) are sleeping in the open because of a lack of shelter in the hard-to-reach and already disadvantaged area. Conditions are poor and reports on social media indicate diseases are spreading.
In Afrin canton, the UN estimates that 50,000 civilians remain in the city and another 100,000 are in rural areas. Relief and medical agencies, however, do not have regular access to the canton.
Roads have been closed to traffic, preventing people from returning home or from accessing safety and services in Aleppo, the UN’s humanitarian office reported this week.
Some people were stuck in areas with limited food and water for up to nine days with no protection from the elements. “Unconfirmed reports were received that at least two IDPs died and that a woman gave birth without any access to medical assistance,” the UN stated.
Inside Afrin, the UN is working to ensure aid agencies can set up operations, but still does not have direct regular access.
The continued lack of internet and phone services throughout much of Afrin is further complicating matters, making it difficult for humanitarians to assess the situation in the canton.