Today’s failed terror attack at the Port Authority in New York City, further undermines the reason for Muslims to even be living in the USA of 2017. We are certainly crowded enough to not need several million potential Muslim terrorists. We need to start the process of sending all these people back to whatever third world cesspool they originally came from. Instead, we import them by the hundreds of thousands, give them a free ride in terms of government benefits, don’t even bother to vet them, and then wonder why some of them kill us. At times, I think the USA is simply too stupid, in terms of the general population, the media, and the government, to make it through the next decade or two. Seriously, a nation with such incredibly stupid policies, and which fails to change those policies, even when those policies lead to American citizens being murdered, well that society simply doesn’t deserve to live.
The links are here. Again, we get much better coverage from British sources than we do from American mainstream fake news media.
Pictured curled up in failure: Brooklyn-based Bangladeshi cab driver, 27, in a suicide vest who caused rush-hour panic in Manhattan when his ‘revenge’ pipe bomb exploded too early
- A pipe bomb prematurely went off in an underground tunnel linking the Times Square subway station and the Port Authority bus terminal Monday morning around 7:20am
- Police have taken one man into custody, who was wearing the homemade explosive
- The suspect has been identified as unmarried 27-year-old Bangladeshi national Akayed Ullah, who has been living in the U.S. for seven years
- Former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said the suspect ‘supposedly was setting the device off in the name of ISIS’ and that it was ‘definitely a terrorist attack, definitely intended’
- CNN reports that the bomb detonated prematurely and that if it had gone off as intended the damage could have been catastrophic
- Ullah is speaking to investigators at the hospital, and says he carried out the attack as revenge for recent actions by Israelis against Muslim Palestinians in the Gaza Strip
- He also revealed that he made the device at his job at an electrical company, after learning how to put it together on the internet
- The FBI has been swarming multiple addresses connected to Ullah in the New York City area
- The FDNY says three other people reported to local hospitals for minor injuries
- The incident happened just days after President Trump sparked demonstrations across the world by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city
- One of the largest demonstrations took place in Muslim-majority Bangladesh
Here are some of my thoughts posted elsewhere.
Doc1, I’m not sure relying on the technical incompetence of potential terrorists is a valid “anti-terror policy.” Gang, we dodged the 155mm artillery shell here, big time.
He was in a tunnel at a major transit hub, during the morning rush hour. If he had either boarded a train and detonated in a confined space, or he had a full explosion in the tunnel, it would have been like the Russian subway bombing, where dozens were killed or wounded.
He has claimed he did it for ISIS and directly in response to the Jerusalem situation.
He was just unable to execute. He was just unable to create a functional bomb that would explode on cue, do what it is designed to do. He was another “shoe” bomber, like that clown trying to light his shoes on fire with matches in the airplane bathroom.
I take no comfort from the fact this attack mostly failed, because the implications of it are staggering. Yet again, another Muslim immigrant managed to make a bomb, detonate that bomb, penetrate our security and the only, repeat only, reason 500 people aren’t dead is he lacked the technical competence to build it correctly.
The amateur hour will soon be over when the “real” terrorists, the people who have been making explosive bombs for DECADES start to deploy.
This attack just shows the great leap between some guy who decides to be a “terrorist,” and the guy who has the training, supplies and competence to execute it. For one thing, this is the SECOND terror attack in New York City by “terrorists” using the low tech version, plowing a car into people, and setting off a half assed “pipe bomb,” and a poorly built suicide bomb. Again, if the pipe bomb hadn’t detonated first, we would have had a mass casualty event, in a major New York City transit hub.
While it is better that we didn’t have an actual, killed 500 people, event, it is also true that the entire transit grid in New York City is now in chaos, two weeks before Christmas, and with a massive economic, psychological and political impact.
You know, Doc1 this is like Letters From Iwo Jima, where the Jap kid goes out to empty the piss pot and the 8 inch cruiser shell lands next to him, and doesn’t explode. While stuff like that really does happen, gang, we shouln’t count on it.
The point of an explosion is to detonate it in a closed space, like a train, or a plane, or a subway tunnel. This is a near miss and again shows why we need to vet these people. The pro Muslim crowd is losing all credibility, even in a liberal cess pool like New York City. The thing that indicates the liberals are terrified of a backlash is how fast they went to the terror/ISIS meme, and they made to attempt to hide it was a terror attack. The usual “workplace violence” shick won’t work any more and even morons like Blasio know it. That ain’t much, but it is something.